Monday, March 10, 2008

Hot day + deadline = blog

So, where were we up to before we got rudely interrupted....by life?

It's a hot day. A thesis deadline is looming. How can I distract myself.....

I know. Write a blog!!!!






Reasons I haven't been interrupting your life since November:


- I have a new computer with vista. It shows a tiny slideshow of all my pictures. I keep getting sidetracked reminiscing, and then forget what I've been doing.


- I have a new dog, Reg. I keep getting sidetracked...and picking up 'presents' from the loungeroom floor.


- I'm moving house. I keep getting sidetracked as I try to work out if each of my possessions goes to charity, to the new place, or to the tip.


- I have a new job. I keep getting sidetracked as I try to work out the email system, and wonder where the toilets are.





In summary, for the last 4 months, I kept getting sidetracked. I think I might have dementia.





Now, what was I saying?





Right, Reg then.


Here's a photo of Reg and his 'beloved' 'sister' Lulu
Notice the family resemblance?

Ahh...puppies. They remind you of sunshine, and happy, and the smell of cut grass, and spring, and children, and laughter
......unless, of course......

....you, once again, buy the craziest dog in the litter!!


Now, here is my confession. The breeders brought the soon-to-be Reg and his could-have-been-Reg brother round to my house to see which one Lulu the unhelper dog would tolerate the best.

Soon-to-be-Reg ran round like an idiot. Jumped off the ramp. Took a speccy over a plant for a bone (speccy - aussie football slang. "spectacular mark" ie. a really high jump whilst catching a ball...in tight shorts (NB. Reg did a nude speccy)).
Could-have-been-Reg sat there and watched....then fell over.

Reg is so "lively" that I might sew him a colourful collar......and we're going busking!!!

Cheers,
L

PS. Since Reg's arrival, Lulu the unhelper dog has defaulted to Lulu the good dog. Score!!

No comments: